1. The owner of this web site is The Basic Roamer Company, Bridgnorth, Shropshire.
2. Your contract for purchases made through the Site is with The Basic Roamer Company, and you undertake that any and all goods ordered by you are for private and domestic use only.
3. While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
4. No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and The Basic Roamer Company until The Basic Roamer Company dispatches the product(s) ordered. We will confirm that the product(s) have been dispatched by a confirmation email. This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by The Basic Roamer Company of your offer to buy goods from TheBasic Roamer Company or a third party supplier that is engaged on your behalf by The Basic Roamer Company (whether or not you receive that e-mail).
5. You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
6. This confirmatory e-mail will contain all relevant statutory information concerning your contract.
8. You undertake that all details you provide to The Basic Roamer Company for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
9. You must choose a username and password on completion of registration. You are responsible for all actions taken under that username and password and shall only use the Site under your own username and password. You must make every effort to keep your password safe and should not disclose it to anyone. If it is compromised, you must change it. You may not transfer or sell your username to anyone, nor permit, either directly or indirectly, anyone to use your username or password.
10. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform The Basic Roamer Company as soon as possible. 1. We can accept cancellations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 07976 945 928 during normal office hours.
11. Once The Basic Roamer Company receive notification from you that you wish to withdraw from the contract (in accordance with these terms), any sum debited to The Basic Roamer Company from your credit card in relation to your order excluding postage charges will be re-credited to that credit card account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order provided that the goods you wish to return are received by The Basic Roamer Company in the condition that they were in when delivered to you. You will be liable for any charges incurred in returning the goods to TheBasic Roamer Company.
12. The Basic Roamer Company does not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and omissions and reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
13. If an error is discovered in the price of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. In the event that you order an item and the price published on the Site is incorrect for any reason, we will contact you to let you know the correct price and ask you whether you still wish us to fulfil your order at this price. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product which was advertised at an incorrect price. We shall give you the option of confirming the order at the correct price or if you so choose, to cancel the order altogether. If you cancel and have already paid for the goods in the circumstances described in this clause, we shall refund the full amount in accordance with these Terms.
14. The Basic Roamer Company will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
15. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE BASIC ROAMER COMPANY IS PROVIDING THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENTS ON AN ‘AS IS’ BASIS AND MAKES NO (AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL) REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED IN THIS SITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN ADDITION, THE BASIC ROAMER COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT.
16. In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order form, The Basic Roamer Company shall, at its own option, make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question PROVIDED THAT you notify The Basic Roamer Company of the problem by email to email@example.com or in writing at the address on our contact page within 10 working days of delivery of the goods. NOTHING IN THIS CLAUSE AFFECTS YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
17. You and The Basic Roamer Company will only be liable under these Terms for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of the relevant breach of contract.
18. The products sold on the Site are provided for private domestic and consumer use only. Accordingly, The Basic Roamer Company do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the Site or for any products or services purchased from The Basic Roamer Company.
Processing of orders
19. Credit and Debit cards are debited on the day of purchase by The Basic Roamer Company through a secure encrypted payment gateway. All prices include sales taxes (where applicable) unless otherwise stated, and no charge is made for shipping.
20. The Basic Roamer Company aims to arrange shipment of all ‘in stock’ items within 2 – 3 working days of receiving your order. Your order may be delayed if the item is not in stock with our suppliers. Some items may be unavailable and the current stock status is approximate.
21. You can keep track of your order status yourself on-line with the order tracking facility on your account page under "ORDER HISTORY". Our standard Returns Policy applies to all purchases from The Basic Roamer Company.
22. The period stated within which you will receive your order is approximate. Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order and stated in the Order Confirmation. Please note that your goods may be sent to you in instalments. You may cancel your entire order with us if subsequent instalments forming part of your order are not delivered by us.
23. If your delivery address is outside of UK, you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country; The Basic Roamer Company advises each customer to contact their local customs office for further information.
24. Please note that when shipping products internationally, you should be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
25. For Christmas Deliveries, we recommend that you order by the 18th December. We will endeavour to dispatch all ‘in stock’ orders within 2 – 3 working days, however we cannot guarantee delivery on or before the 24th December as the post may be delayed in your area.
26. We shall have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered or any other matters to the extent that the delay is due to any event outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and any other similar events.
27. We shall have no liability (including liability for negligence) for the acts or omissions of telecommunications service providers or for failures of, or faults in their networks and equipment.
28. No waiver by us of any breach of these Terms shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
29. You may not permit, create unauthorized framing of, or deep linking to, the Site or the creation of derivative works thereof from any other website under your management or control.
30. In these Terms, ‘Intellectual Property Rights’ means patents, database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights, together with the right to apply for the protection of any such rights. All Intellectual Property Rights in the Site shall be owned by us absolutely.
31. Subject to the licence granted to you to use the Site, The Basic Roamer Company reserves all rights, title and interest in its Intellectual Property Rights in the Site. Any goodwill accruing from use of Reed Comics and its affiliates’ trade marks, trade and business names and service marks under this Agreement will vest in The Basic Roamer Company and its affiliates, as appropriate.
32. It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught wilfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The Basic Roamer Company tracks the electronic ‘fingerprints’ of every order placed on Reed Comics to enable us and all legitimate crime prevention and prosecution authorities to trace individual users engaging in criminal activities on our website.
33. We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and to suspend or terminate your access to the Site immediately and without notice to you if: 1. you fail to make any payment to us when due; 2. you breach the terms of this Agreement (repeatedly or otherwise); 3. when requested by us to do so, you fail to provide us within a reasonable time with sufficient information to enable us to determine the accuracy and validity of any information supplied by you, or your identity; 4. we suspect you have engaged, or about to engage, or have in any way been involved, in fraudulent or illegal activity on the Site.
34. The Basic Roamer Company may amend these Terms from time to time, and place the new version on the Site. For users purchasing goods or registering on the Site for the first time, all purchases from the date that the amended terms are placed on our website onwards will be governed by those new terms Otherwise, such changes will be effective against existing users thirty days following posting of the amended version on the Site. Your continued use of the Site following The Basic Roamer Company's posting of any changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes. If you do not agree to any changes to these Terms, then your only remedy is to cease using the Site.
35. These Terms supersede any and all other conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements or representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations) relating to your purchase, whether oral or in writing, and contain the entire agreement between Reed Comics and you relating to your purchase. The Basic Roamer Company advises that you print off and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions once your order has been accepted by The Basic Roamer Company. You are advised to read (and are responsible for reading) fully all information on this website.
36. If any provision of these Terms shall be held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the remaining parts of these Terms and the remainder of the affected provision shall be unaffected.
37. These Terms are subject to the laws of the UK.