RoamerTime+ has undergone an extensive design & development program since the idea was first born in 2010.
Since tested in a variety of vehicles and on events, RoamerTime+ is a unique and simple combination of Clocks, Stopwatches & Trip meters.
It's a Navigator's thing...
RoamerTime+ is an advanced although easy to use unit for Road, Regularity and Stage rally Navigators/Co-drivers incorporating many major features:
RoamerTime+ has a robust metal case with a front panel comprising an on/off toggle switch, three lines of 7 segment LED displays and 4 multi-function buttons.
The left hand end panel has an 8-way socket for connecting the remote unit or splitter box, the latter allowing power, distance sensor and remote unit connections.
The right hand end panel has a DC power socket for external power when a remote unit is plugged into the 8-way socket, or the 8-way socket is not used.
Measurements: (L) 130mm (5") x (H) 80mm (3 1/4") x (D) 50mm (2")
The rear panel contains the 6x AA battery compartment.
Each end panel also contains an M6 captive threaded nut for clamping the unit to its mounting bracket via the supplied thumbscrews and rubber washers.
RoamerTime+ Mode licencing
Note that a distance sensor (wheel bolt, speedo cable or electronic speedo) is required for licenced modes to show distance measurements.
Installing a Mode Licence after initial purchase
If you want to enable the full time and distance features of additional modes to your unit after the initial purchase, order them from this web site and provide your unit serial number, which is displayed when the unit is turned on with the M button pressed.
You will then be emailed your mode licence, which will be two 4-digit licence keys e.g. 1234 / 8765. These two keys are only for the mode requested and are specific to your unit - they will not licence that mode, or any other mode, on any other unit.
These keys then need to be entered into the unit - you can do this yourself and you do not need to return the unit. The keys are entered, in order, as distance "calibration values". This only has to be done once. The full procedure is described in the User Manual, but in summary, the steps are:
• From any mode, enter the distance calibration setting part of the unit
• Note the existing calibration value - this will be lost when the keys are entered
• Enter the first 4-digit key as a calibration value - the unit will accept that value and return to the current mode
• Repeat the process and enter the second 4-digit key as a calibration value - the unit will rapidly flash the screen 8 times and return to the current mode. The full time and distance features of the licenced mode will now operate
• Re-enter the calibration value that existed before entering the licence keys.
If you purchased an RT+ prior to software version 1.52.x please contact us for instructions on how to have your RT+ upgraded f.o.c
Q) What’s changed in the latest software version 1.52.x compared with software version 1.42.x ?
A) RoamerTime+ now has these additional features:
1. Easy calibration method when the measured distance is not exactly 1 mile/km
2. Distance adjustment mode to allow calibration to be changed to match road book
3. Calibration values (i.e. pulses per measured mile/km) can be up to 99,999
4.Internal distance resolution is 0.01 mile/km
5. The calibration display respects the remote unit toggle switch
6. User choice whether distance displays show 1 or 2 decimal places
7. User choice whether leading zeros on stopwatches shown or suppressed
8. User choice on how to alter/reset/set the stopwatch in Regularity Mode
9. User choice on how t.o.d clock is “frozen” in Stage Mode when crossing flying finish
10. Clock does not stop when setting it unless time is changed
Download RoamerTime+ user manual in pdf form here
It's a Navigator's thing...